Most that follow FastMint are more than likely car enthusiasts and maybe some are looking to upgrade their stock seats to racing seats. Upgrading your vehicle’s seats help give your interior more character, increase safety, and definitely improves your driving experience. Depending on what type of enthusiast you are may depict what seats you may be in the market for. Here is a great list of seats you may want to consider.
OMP Racing is an Italian company that makes seats for Formula One teams as well as ones for racers trying to budget. The TRS-E is constructed of lower-cost steel-tube construction but still meets FIA homologation standards
- Affordable price
- Universal fit
- 27.5 pounds
For the past 25 years, you’ll find Kirkey seats in thousands of autocross, sprint, and SCCA races. They are constructed of Aluminum and don’t adjust or recline. They are made to order. You order the correct angle, height, width, and other measurements, so the seat is tailored to your specific body type. They’re designed to work with other safety equipment and comes at an affordable price.
- This seat features a reinforced headrest
- Front of seat raised for added leg and thigh support
- Has molded rubber inserts for all seat belt openings
- The seat comes standard with double shoulder belt openings and sub belt openings to accommodate all belt systems
- The seat bottom allows the seat to be mounted in a wide range of layback angles without raising the center of gravity of the race car
Carbon-kevlar seats are very hard to find for under $1,000 these days, but Seibon Carbon Kevlar Racing Seats is one seat that is affordable and constructed of the same materials as more pricey seats. Don’t expect Sparco or Recaro build quality though but it’s a great seat for the price. These seats aren’t certified by the FIA so keep that in mind.
- Black cloth finish
- Universal fitment
- Backing will come in a glossy carbon fiber finish
- Red Seibon logo
- Sold individually
The Sparco Circuit II QRT Racing Seat is an ultra-light competition seat specifically designed for circuit use. This seat is constructed of aramadic fiber-reinforced fiberglass with QRT Technology. The Circuit II includes integrated head bolsters to protect the head and deep side bolster for excellent stability. The shell is wrapped in an impact-absorbing and fire retardant fabric and it’s FIA approved.
- QRT Technology – 30% Weight savings
- Made for large size driver
- Ultra-light Aramadic fiber-reinforced fiberglass shell
- Integrated head bolsters for greater safety
- HANS device compatible
- Fire retardant fabric
- FIA approved